PATSALAS BROS SA
The company is active in the vast area of production of trading aluminium materials.presenting a large range,in which you can discern quality as well as functionality.
Our competitive advantage is the possession of knowledge and consistency regarding the provision of specialized solutions which responding to the needs of our clients, pre serving in this way the human in the center of the interest and developing a complete system of our cliental service.
The history of the aluminium begins in 1808, where the British Davy discovered the existence of the metal.
QUALITATIVE CHARACTERISTICS OF ALUMINIUM PROFILES
The exact chemical composition and mechanical characteristics used in extrusion are identified by the standards EN or ΕΛΟΤ ΕΝ. Common alloys used in extrusion for the production of long aluminium products are the internationally known 6060, 6061, 6063 and 6082 of which the exact chemical composition is described in the standards EN 573 1, 2, 3. These alloys are easily extruded, can undergo thermal treatment, are processed in surface treatment (anodizing,electrostatic painting) have good anti-corrosion behavior, resist mechanical stresses, are well electrically swollen. To ensure all these characteristics, the chemical composition of the alloy and the heat treatment must be controlled during the extrusion.
The mechanical characteristics of the extrusion products mainly refer to the breaking limit after the tensile test according to the EN10002 standard and to the structural stiffness according to the EN standard(Brinell scale). The mechanical features above depend on the chemical composition of the aluminium alloy that is used and on the type of the thermal process.
The aluminium has valuable features features and qualities such as:
- High resistance to atmospheric corrosion.
- The aluminium is not magnetized and is not toxic.Even in case of fire doesn’t burn and doesn’t release harmful substances for humans or environment.
- Has good mechanical resistance to tensile strength,shear and compression.
- Has little thermal expansion and its original dimensions are maintained over the years.
- It is a very good electrical conductor.
- It is a material that doesn’t loose its properties when recycled
- It is sophisticated.It can be formed into any shape that it retains afterwards.